Program Information

School: Providence University College
Faculty: Arts & Sciences
Degree: Bachelor
Field of Study: Social Work
Description: Providence University College and Booth University College offer a joint program leading to a Bachelor of Social Work. Granted by Booth University College, this degree prepares students for a wide range of career possibilities in Christian, community and government agencies. Social workers help persons affected by issues such as addictions, mental health concerns, disabilities, poverty, homelessness, unemployment, violence, trauma, health issues, or crime. Work practice can take place in a variety of settings including schools, hospitals, rehabilitation programs, child welfare settings, family service agencies, treatment centres, criminal justice settings, and mental health organizations.

Social Work students will be able to: think intelligently and critically about the world around them; consider ways Christians can contribute meaningfully and practically to society; and enter the workforce in Christian, government, and public sector programs working in the community with people in need. Students spend as much as two years of the program at Providence University College, and the third and fourth years at Booth University College in Winnipeg. They also take one distance education course through Booth during the summer following their first year of study at Providence (SWK 110 Introduction to Social Work).

URL: Social Work at Providence University College
Length: 4 Year(s)
Cost per year:*

This cost estimate is for one year of the program and does not include ancillary fees or residence costs.

Careers: Social Workers,Community and Social Service Workers,Rehabilitation Teachers

Admission Requirements


These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.

  •   English 

The academic prerequisite for admission to a three and four year degree program is a satisfactory provincial senior high school certificate. Included in the high school certificate should be a minimum of five credits at the grade 12 level, with a minimum of three credits in university preparatory courses, including at least one English.