|School:||The University of British Columbia – Vancouver|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts|
|Field of Study:||Germanic Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, General
|Description:||This program includes the language, literature, and culture of the German-speaking world. First- and second-year courses focus primarily on language, and the program is designed to develop active and communicative skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing German. The content includes authentic language from a variety of areas, social contexts, and periods.
The department also offers third-year survey courses in Literature and Culture, taught in English, which are open to all students. The full program for Honours, Major, and Minor in German includes third- and fourth-year courses in Literature (some in English), Cultural Studies, Languages, and Business German. In addition, the department offers Swedish and Danish language courses, as well as courses on Scandinavian and Baltic literature and culture (taught in English).
|URL:||German at The University of British Columbia – Vancouver|
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70|
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
– Final grade of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or equivalent course, including provincial examinations where applicable).
– Graduation from high school with a minimum average of 70% (or higher for many programs).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
To apply for Arts Co-op in 2018, you must:
– Be a registered full-time student in a BA, BMus, BFA, BIE, or BMS degree program
– Have completed at least 27 credits at the time of application
– As of May 2019, have at least 30 credits remaining to complete your degree
– Have a cumulative average of at least 72%.
Leave a comment