|School:||The University of British Columbia – Vancouver|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts|
|Field of Study:||History, General
|Description:||History is concerned with the study of the past. It draws on the social sciences and humanities for much of its data and conceptual techniques, but remains essentially a study in the dimension of time, with methods of inquiry appropriate to such a study. Since the study of history involves the examination of people in an almost unlimited variety of situations, it deepens our understanding of people’s capacities and failings. It trains the mind to generalize on the basis of evidence and to distinguish propaganda from fact.|
|URL:||History at The University of British Columbia – Vancouver|
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70|
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
– Final grade of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English (or equivalent course, including provincial examinations where applicable).
– Graduation from high school with a minimum average of 70% (or higher for many programs).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
To apply for Arts Co-op in 2018, you must:
– Be a registered full-time student in a BA, BMus, BFA, BIE, or BMS degree program
– Have completed at least 27 credits at the time of application
– As of May 2019, have at least 30 credits remaining to complete your degree
– Have a cumulative average of at least 72%.